Compared to last week, this week was filled with some low- and high-end entertainment left and right. It seems that my motivation kicked in as soon as the sun started visiting my room more often and the posts just kept on coming. And that makes me all kinds of happy!
- As some of you might have already guessed, I started watching Californication this week. It’s a pretty rare situation where I can watch season after season of a highly-rated show during the entire week. Four seasons down, one to go and I’m almost caught up with it.
- With the whole marathon process I realized I like Hank Moody/David Duchovny more than I thought I will. Moody is obnoxious, rude, offensive to women on numerous cases and yet, he has that bad boy appeal I tend to go for. Plus, he’s a writer – what’s not to like.
- Duchovny is currently 52, man, some men just age well in Hollywood, or they don’t age at all.
- Which reminds me that while watching The Following this week and I was so happy to see Common Law’s Warren Kole there. Though his hair was a total mess, I’m glad he’s there.
- I’m not so glad that Common Law didn’t get the pick up for the second season, I thought it was quite a good show for the summer season. But this is just old news I was reminded of.
- Shameless was almost boring this week with a promising preview for next week’s episode. Hopefully I won’t be disappointed when I finally see it on Wednesday because I’ll be absent in the beginning of the week.
- All of that Californication and a few episodes of some shows that did air this week (stupid Spring Break) didn’t stop me from watching four movies – The Makeover, Identity Thief, Burn After Reading and Fight Club. In addition, I finished the first season of Hung on Sunday.
- I still fucking love Fight Club, enjoyed Burn After Reading and pretty much hated the rest. Hung had a lot of potential in the beginning but it also managed to disappoint.
- Good week was made awesome by the whole Veronica Mars Movie news. Rob Thomas needed to gain 2 million dollars with Kickstarter, which he did and more. Promotion video for the project is a nice sketch by the way. Long story short, Veronica Mars Movie is happening and everybody is on board – yay!
- I’m a big Veronica Mars fan, I loved the first two seasons to bits and pieces, third one was a bit of a let down, but a movie sounds beyond awesome right now! Especially since Kristen Bell has sort of gone off my radar ever since Veronica went off the air.
- This week I totally neglected my Game of Thrones book and the new season comes closer and closer each day. Definitely not gonna make it through the book 1 and 2 before the third season but it was a long shot anyway.
- Bought a new book this week as well, since my reading list isn’t apparently long enough, John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars has now been placed into my shelf of awesomeness.
- Finishing off the week was a nice concert with my mom and since this post is scheduled, I’m letting you know that I’m currently heading to the big bad capital city for some socializing, cause god forbid, I need some!
Dan the Man reviewed the much talked about Spring Breakers which I will most likely watch.
Over at Can’t Stop the Movies Andrew liked the This Must Be The Place.
Gattaca is a movie I should see soon: Cinema Train was the one who reminded me of it.
Game of Thrones anticipation is high on Sati‘s list of activities, here are her favorite scenes (p.1)
Film Actually‘s movie of the week was Planet of The Apes which I haven’t seen, I think.
Everybody saw Oz this week, including Junebug. Man, I like the design there.
Terry Malloy enjoyed Stoker, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it as well – if I ever get to it!
This week’s highlight was the chemistry between Norton and Pitt – then again, I seem to enjoy Pitt with anyone these days. I’ve go a feeling I have a case of Pitt-fever.