Since it has been almost 1,5 years since I held my last blog event, I figured the 5th anniversary of Mettel Ray would be a great occasion to announce my Movie Roulette Blogathon! And since my last ones have required quite a lot of thinking and let’s be honest, work, I thought I’d simplify things by making Movie Roulette all about having some fun!
Behind the scenes:
When I came up with the idea of Movie Roulette, I had the basics but there was no solid plan. Up until today, I wasn’t even sure how I was going to make it fun and entertaining. The only thing I knew was that I was supposed to make the ultimate movie gif set and when I say ultimate, I mean, ULTIMATE! This gif set I made consists of 5 x 111 stills equal to 555 movies (apparently I’m really committed to this whole number 5 thing), so the possibilities are endless and hopefully it will be fun.
The roulette part was a little flimsy but I finally settled for the 25 facts option because I thought why not.. the more options, the more possibilities. Needless to say, this meant a lot of work and I really hope the amount of work is equal to the amount of fun you guys can have with this game!
Here are the rules:
1. There are 25 facts, you have to pick 5 or more and for each, you drag out a movie as an answer!
*Click on the gif, hold it and drag out a single movie*
2. You can only drag out one movie for each statement, no do overs, guys!
*If you haven’t seen the movie (or can’t recognize it) you can pick again.
*If you pull out a movie you already dragged out, you can try again until you get a different one.
3. Write down your answers and feel free to comment whether they make sense or not.
4. Link back to this announcement, and link to the Movie Roulette Ultimate Gif Set as well!
*The gif set does have some movie title glitches, apologizes!
5. Last but not least, have fun!
1. This movie describes my mood in the mornings the best.
2. I usually watch this movie in my underwear.
3. This movie inspired me as a teenager.
4. I hate the main character of this movie, but I think he/she is still very hot.
5. What nobody knows is that this movie is secretly my favorite movie in the world.
6. I always wanted to punch this movie’s main character in the face.
7. I would make love to this movie’s plot, it’s amazing.
8. My life can be described by the events in this movie.
9. Sometimes I can’t sleep at night thinking about this movie… it’s so good!
10. This movie is my go to date night choice of entertainment!
11. When I see somebody licking an ice cream, I think of this movie.
12. The lead actor of this movie is my future husband/wife.
13. This movie is about my relationship with my best friend.
14. When I think of my childhood, I think of this movie.
15. Every time this movie is on TV, I turn it off and sit in complete silence instead.
16. This movie makes me so emotional I even cried while watching it.
17. When I think of my roommate, I think of this movie.
18. If I ever made a movie, it would be something similar to this movie.
19. This movie represents my future.
20. If somebody made a documentary out of my life, this movie would be it.
21. I accidentally watched a porn version of this movie and I liked it.
22. I’m honestly going to watch this movie as soon as possible after finishing this game. (Challenge accepted!)
23. Watching this movie is better than sex.
24. I’m going to recommend this movie to the next person who asks me to recommend them a movie! (Challenge accepted!)
25. This is my ultimate favorite movie in the entire world, I want to marry this movie!
Now, let’s PLAY:
I attended there to be one ultimate gif but WordPress disliked the size of it so I broke it down into five. And it’s more fun now because there’s more choices! Get picking and get playing, and have some fun!0
I’m so dumb so here;s the question – so we first choose the facts and then drag the gif and the random pick is the one we have to assign to one of the facts?:D
Yea.. so you choose for instance 2,3,4 and then pick randomly 3 movies
Let me know if the instructions need clarification.. by the time I started writing them I had been doing those little gifs for HOURS! 😀
I got it now 🙂 Man it’s amazing, such a good job on those gifs! I’ll have my post up sometime soon ^^
Thanks!! I went almost mental with those gifs. 😀
Wow, firstly I commend you for making that gif w/ 555 movies!! WOW, that must’ve taken you ages! I’ll see if I can participate, for sure it won’t take me as long as you making that gif!
This looks like so much fun! 🙂 Thanks for setting this up!
Oh wow, this is an… interesting idea. I remember last year it was mostly just review-based blogathons. People are really getting creative now. It just so happens that I’ve been looking for a few blogathons to join in on so this seems like something worth trying. I just want to make sure I understand the rules first. If I’m reading this correctly, I’m supposed to randomly select at least five movies from your animated gifs, and then for each one apply a statement from your list of 25 “facts”, that’s correct isn’t it?
This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Maybe tomorrow I can get started on extracting my films from your randomly assorted gifs and seeing what I can come up with. You’ve certainly offered a list of strange “facts”. Now I’ll just have to decide which ones I’m going to include.
By the way, since I’m commenting here, if it’s any interest, I am running a blogathon of my own and I just thought that perhaps you’d be interested in checking it out:
Oh so, it’s the other way around.. you pick a fact and then randomly select a gif set and drag out an answer! So the fun part is that you might end up with a completely ridiculous movie to a very serious statement/fact.
Anyway, I hope this clarifies things but if anything is still a bit unclear, let me know!
And I’ll take a look at your blogathon as soon as I get some time off! 🙂
I know what I’m doing tomorrow! This looks like a blast!
This looks like a ton of fun! Count me in 🙂
I also must second Ruth, amazing job on the GIFS. I wouldn’t even know how to start making something like that! Well done
So we pick the facts, then a movie to match the fact? Is that right? Excuse my idiocy, I am rather slow.
And do we just post it on our own site and then send you a link to it?
Anyways thanks for hosting, I love taking part in these blogathons. I’d love to start up my own one day! Maybe for my sites first birthday, coming up in July… same month as my real birthday heh.
Peace! I’ll have to stop by your site more often, there are soooo many great sites in my bookmarks it is hard to keep up!
It’s not so muck picking the movie but getting one from the gifs that might not be your first choice in general. Hence the roulette part.
And yeah. You can post it or post the answer in the comments. You choose.
And be sure to tweet me your blogathon cause I love participating in blogathons too!
Heh, I might start one for my blog’s 1st birthday. I honestly never thought people would actually read my blog when I first started it. I guess I have a couple of months to think of a cool idea for a blogathon then! I just hope it doesn’t fizzle and die with no one taking part! That’d be embarrassing!!
I like the sound of this one though. I’ll probs make my own post and leave a link here for you. I tend to write a lot and I like the idea you have come up with. I think it deserves its own post 🙂
I’d love to have you take part in my blogathon – if I actually do it, and if I actually think of a concept for it!! 😉
I gave it a go. My entry is up…
Thank you so much!
This was fun! Here’s my entry 🙂
Thank you so much for participating! I’ll share the link in my next Commercial Break! 😉
Here’s mine! Thank you for hosting! http://ramblingfilm.blogspot.com/2015/05/movie-roulette-blogathon.html