Every now and then I get an award. Well, actually.. I have so far gotten just few but it makes those I get even more special. For those who don’t know, blog-awards are just something that go around among the bloggers to show appreciation for one another. Not that I’m an expert, it just feels like that, I feel like I am appreciated and it makes me happy. This time, James from Mr. Rumsey’s Film Related Musings gave me two awards at once. Talk about pressure of coming up with an acceptance speech.
“Oh my god, this is so unexpected.. I can’t even. What can I say, well…
Thank you, thank you very much! I would like to dedicate these awards to myself, my CorelDraw X5 and my always amazing followers – you know who you are!”
Brought to you by:
With following rules:
-Select the blogs you think deserve the Blog of the Year 2012 Award.
Well, it comes as no surprise that I have found great blogs this year but there’s that one blogger and her blog that I like to mention a lot. It is Margaret from Cinematic Corner who gets my Blog of the Year 2012 award and only her. I know it says “blogs” but I’d like to specify that it is still a subjective choice and she’s the one who deserves it. Not just writing but also with having a diversity on her blog that I enjoy. Her link(s) post being one of my favorites to read each week!
-Write a post and tell about the blogs you have chosen and present them with their award.
I’m doing it now.. obviously.
-Please include a link back to this page and include these rules (do not alter the rules or the badges).
-Let the blogs you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the rules with them.
-As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars.
Brought to you by:
With the following rules:
– I have to display the award’s logo on my blog.
– I have to link back to the person who nominated me.
– I have to list seven things about myself.
1. Seven happens to be my favorite number.
2. While writing this post I’m watching Gossip Girl’s final episode (without watching the actual season 6) and I’m sad where this show has ended up after it started so strong.
3. I like Ice Tea. But I love Peach Ice Tea!
4. Lists “about me” aren’t my favorite things to do because I always find it hard to come up with random things, movies are easier, my TOP 10 ideas are just brilliant! In my mind at least.
5. I find the Funny or Die Hart of Dixie music video not just funny but also a great way to show off that they might not be the best quality in terms of TV-shows but they have fun and people like it! Plus, seeing Wade and George washing that car gets me every time.
6. Gossip Girl just ended and I found it to be awful. I mean, it was horrible! The quality of writing, at least in my opinion, in the first couple of seasons wasn’t that bad but this episode.. this is a horrible way to finish a series. Spoiler: Dan was Gossip Girl – at least that made sense.
7. I plan to spend my Christmas holidays while watching American Horror Story season 2 and I can’t think of any reasons why this wouldn’t be the best way to spend my lonely-away-from-my-family-and-friends holidays.
– I must nominate some other bloggers, link to them, and then let them know that I have done so.
The Film Sloth
PS: If you find yourself stuck with acceptance speeches or holidays are busy, no need to receive these as awards to pass on to somebody else, take these as a Christmas present! Though there are some days left before the holiday spirit attacks the world.0
Wow! Thank you so much for this, I hope you know that I also love your blog, it’s so much fun to read and it’s so pretty ^^ Glad that you like my links posts, they can get disturbing but hopefully in a fun way 😛
I like that randomness in the end of the week, it makes it all worth it. And the gifs. Fun.
And thanks, it’s great to hear that, as always!
I didn’t dislike Gossip Girl, however, it felt way to sudden, and a bit clumsy. I mean, Dan and Serena out of nowhere, again? okay. And why didn’t they do a whole season instead of just 10 episodes? That said, Blair’s wedding gown was absolute perfection.
oh that hart of dixie video is sick, Bilson can rap! and wade with the hose while george gets the water… like what, hilarious. They sure look like they have fun!
I know, the Bilson thing is such a great way to have fun and do what they do! But the rushed thing pissed me off, I actually watched the first 3 episodes and then the last one of the season and I disliked it.. It ran its course for me by the time Jenny left.
PS: Rufus having a thing with that blondie fakey chick? Give me a break!! Why ruin every character by ripping away their integrity? So unfair!