For all my literature followers, here are two most important lists of the previous year – my favourite books I read in 2017 and the worst books I read. Not a very big variety of books to choose from, even though I read 70 books but most my choices were young adult and romance novels. This yea is going to be different though, but before we start with 2018, let’s wrap 2017.
I read 70 books this year, total of 28 444 pages, and I DNF’d only two books.
10. ELIZA & HER MONSTERS / In this list because it disappointed me
9. NOBODY IS EVER MISSING / Very confusing, and a little too overly stylish
8. DEAR AARON / I didn’t like that half the book was letters, and that it too mushy
7. THE BAD BOY BARGAIN / Can’t remember anything, which is bad
6. RED ZONE (Daniels Brothers #2) / Too fast paced
5. THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY / I like Jenny Han, but I did not like this book
4. BEHIND CLOSED DOORS / I hate insta-love
3. NEANDERTHAL MARRIES HUMAN / Very unpleasant characters
2. ELLA’S TWISTED SENIOR YEAR / DNF
1. DATING YOU, HATING YOU / DNF
10. THE HATING GAME / Slow paced romance, hell yeah
9. MY LADY JANE / A little off but funny as hell
8. MANAGED (VIP #2) / Surprisingly entertaining adult romance
7. DARK MATTER / Time travel and sci-fi done right
6. THE GENTLEMAN’S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE / Wonderfully odd and funny
5. NEVERNIGHT / Slow at the start, epic by the end
4. A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN / Amazing with a few minor negative things
3. LORD OF SHADOWS / Brilliant, fell in love with all the characters
2. LADY MIDNIGHT / Amazing from start to finish! So well written
1. THE WISE MAN’S FEAR / How can I not, when I loved the first one just as much
Do you agree or disagree with my picks? Which ones, let me know in the comments!0
Pingback: CB: Rewind << January & Monthly Awards – METTEL RAY
I haven’t read any of your worst picks, but a couple from the best and I am happy to see them there 😀
Well that’s good, don’t read them now either! Which ones from the best have you read?
I’ve read My Lady Jane, A Court of Wings and Ruin, Lady Midnight and half of Lord of Shadows. Also, The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue is on my TBR 😀
I have one big ‘yaaaaaaaas’ for your #1 pick!
Also super happy to see Dark Matter in your list, I really, really loved that book!
Right? It’s definitely number one place worthy!
Dark Matter was a surprise to me, I really enjoyed it.
I haven’t read any of these, but I tend to lift a lot of the books I read from your recommendations so I’ll probably be getting to some on your best list this year.
Ooh, that’s great! Let me know what you end up reading if you do. 🙂
I found Eliza and Her Monsters to be okay, but that book was pretty hyped up. I need to motivate myself to finish The Wise Man’s Fear. I am afraid to see how long the third book is because the series cannot end in a trilogy. There’s too much things left to write about.
SO many good choices in this list (the good list!), shame you didn’t enjoy Eliza and Her Monsters, I’ve never read it but I’ve heard so many good things about that book! Why was it disappointing? Great post! <3
Charlotte | https://charlotteidek.com