You guys have no idea how good it feels to write my blog again. After a long week filled with school work and exams I feel like a giant stone has been lifted from my mind. But don’t get me wrong, doing all that (writing, studying, reading), I still managed to go to the movies (twice!), watch a movie, watch two shows (4 seasons all together) and keep myself updated on the trailers and Golden Globes. I know, I’m like the superhero for all the lazy people around the world!
But here is the post about the results from the 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards:
For me, the biggest surprise was The Social Network because apparently it is the best movie. Guess I wasn’t focusing on it or I’m just not excited about it as much as others are. But here is the whole list I like totally stole from IMDb:
Best Motion Picture – Drama
The Social Network (2010) – What just happened? Really? This just shows that I am not a fan of reality and realistic stuff and something like that, Inception would’ve been my pick or Black Swan.. or then again, The King’s Speech looks good and that is realistic! So I guess I’m fine and I should stop panicking and revisit The Social Network just in case. PS: The movie got a lot of praise but the actors didn’t get any awards.. guess the winner is actually Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg instead.
- The Kids Are All Right (2010) – the most obvious category besides the best actress..
- Paul Giamatti for Barney’s Version (2010) – One out of two movies from this category I haven’t seen yet.. Irony I guess.
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy
- David Fincher for The Social Network (2010) – a total surprise! Really, this was like the category I had many to root for and they still pulled out the one I wasn’t hoping for to win – irony I guess.
- The Social Network (2010): Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross – Another one for The Social Network, people must really like Facebook – oh yeah, they do!
Best Animated Film
- Toy Story 3 (2010)- There were two animated movies I hadn’t seen, this was one of them.
Best Television Series – Drama
- “Boardwalk Empire” (2009) – From all the nominations, this was the only show I hadn’t heard anything about – irony just keeps on coming these days!
- “Glee” (2009) – I was crossing my fingers for The Big Bang Theory but I guess people still like music more than science?
- “Carlos” (2010) – Who, what, where? I should really look up mini-series because this category is completely blank to me.
Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television
- Jane Lynch for “Glee” (2009) – Good for her too. Those two actually are the best ones, not too over the top just funny in their own way!
So this is the short version, it actually isn’t the full list I skipped couple of the categories because I knew nothing about the movies (or songs) that were in them. Anyway, this list shows that I’m quite well informed and watching all the great movies as much as I can. I’ll try to keep up the good work and keep you posted about everything I watch even when school is over my head and life just isn’t as great as movies.